Category Archives: Latest News
Latest news and updates from Lakeside WCID1
Polling places for the May 2, 2020 election, if contested, will be determined by Travis County.
Pursuant to Texas Water Code § 51.072, to be qualified for election as a director, a person must:
- be a Texas resident
- own land subject to taxation in the district or be a qualified voter in the district
- and be 18 years of age or older.
In accordance with Texas Water Code § 51.075 and Texas Election Code § 144.005(b), a person seeking to file for candidacy for the office of director may file an application with the secretary of the board to have the person’s name printed on the election ballot. The application must be signed by the applicant or by at least 10 qualified electors of the district, and must be filed no later than 5 p.m. of the 78th day before the date of the election (Friday, February 14, 2020).
- Section 141.031 of the Election Code further dictates that a candidate’s application for a place on the ballot must:
- be in writing;
- be signed and sworn to before a person authorized to administer oaths in this state by the candidate and indicate the date that the candidate swears to the application;
- be timely filed with the appropriate authority;
- and include:
- the candidate’s name;
- the candidate’s occupation;
- the office sought, including any place number or other distinguishing number;
- an indication of whether the office sought is to be filled for a full or unexpired term if the office sought and another office to be voted on have the same title but do not have place numbers or other distinguishing numbers;
- a statement that the candidate is a United States citizen;
- a statement that the candidate has not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be:
- totally mentally incapacitated;
- or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;
- a statement that the candidate has not been finally convicted of a felony from which the candidate has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities;
- the candidate’s date of birth;
- the candidate’s residence address or, if the residence has no address, the address at which the candidate receives mail and a concise description of the location of the candidate’s residence;
- the candidate’s length of continuous residence in the state and in the territory from which the office sought is elected as of the date the candidate swears to the application;
- the statement: “I, __________, of __________ County, Texas, being a candidate for the office of __________, swear that I will support and defend the constitution and laws of the United States and of the State of Texas”;
- a statement that the candidate is aware of the nepotism law, Chapter 573, Government Code;
- and a public mailing address at which the candidate receives correspondence relating to the candidate’s campaign, if available, and an electronic mail address at which the candidate receives correspondence relating to the candidate’s campaign, if available.
Additional information on filing for public office is available at https://www.sos.state.tx.us/index.html. The Lakeside Water Control and Improvement District #1 will hold an election to elect two board members on May 2, 2020. Any individual seeking candidacy as a Lakeside WCID #1 board member may contact the law offices of Lloyd Gosselink for the relevant materials. Those materials include:
Both forms must be submitted prior to the filing deadline on February 14, 2020. Incomplete forms or forms that are untimely filed will render the individual ineligible for inclusion on the ballot.
Contact Lloyd Gosselink:
816 Congress Ave
Austin, Texas 78701
Tax Rate Proposal Meeting – September 25th – Blackhawk Amenity Center – 3111 Speidel Drive – 7:00 PM
Greetings all. Please see the attached notice for the tax rate proposal meeting: 2018.09.19 2019 Notice of Proposed Tax Rate
Greetings all. Lakeside WCID #1 Board of Directors will be meeting Tuesday, October 8th at 7:00 PM .<HERE!>
NEW! To report illegal dumping or any other water quality or stormwater violations, please contact the Travis County Environmental Quality program at (512) 854-4400. For additional information, please follow this link.
Please see additions to Stormwater Management and Conservation tips here: <click!>
Lakeside Water Control and Improvement District No.1 is soliciting statements of qualifications (“SOQs”) from interested parties to prepare a feasibility study regarding the construction of a new swimming pool and/or aquatic center for recreation, competition, and fitness. The terms for such services will be established through a negotiated contract, and compensation will be based upon qualifications and experience. Accordingly, this RFQ invites respondents to submit SOQs for the comprehensive swimming pool feasibility study described herein.
Request For Proposals (“R/P”) to Design, Procure and Install Playground Equipment and Fall Zone Material
Lakeside Water Control and Improvement District No. 1 (the “District) is soliciting proposals from interested parties to design, provide, and install playground equipment and fall zone material in connection with the District’s soon-to-be-built amenity center at 1701 Rowe Loop, Pflugerville, Texas 78660.